Lil Wayne Clarifies Retirement Rumors

Last week, #LilWayne had everyone clutching their pearls after sending out a tweet which alluded to him retiring from the rap game.

He said, “I am now defenseless and mentally defeated & I leave gracefully and thankful I luh my fanz but I’m dun.” .. Done with what and why?!

Anyway, Wayne visited Undisputed where he opened up about what he meant by the tweets. “This was a tweet off of an argument over what’s going on,” Weezy clarified. “I was at my tipping point.”

It turns out that the rapper had just become fed up with all of the drama surrounding his lawsuit against Cash Money CEO Birdman. He alleges that he’s still owed over $51 million and is pissed that he isn’t able to release his Carter 6 album.

When the rapper was asked about the state of he and Birdman’s relationship, he basically alluded to them being less amicable than they used to be.

“This is business. I have a family. I have kids. I have a mother. We have bills. Once the business is right, then the business is right.” Even when the money gets right, it seems like they’re still not going to be cool though.

Shannon asked whether or not he’d ever work with Birdman again and Weezy simply said, “No, give me mine and I’ll walk off free, smiling.”

As far as Wayne really being “done” with rap, he admitted, “I did feel that way. I still feel that way. I didn’t take [the tweet] down.” I think it’s safe to say that this is a sad day in hip hop.

Read More:

Lil Wayne Clarifies Retirement Rumors & Says He’ll Never Work With Birdman Again

Hawker Not Killed By BRT, Lagos Clarifies Maryland Incident

The Lagos State Government has clarified the misconception surrounding the unfortunate incident where a street hawker was knocked down by an oncoming truck at Maryland Bus Stop on Wednesday.

The street hawker, who was trying to evade arrest from officials of Kick Against Indiscipline (KAI), had attempted to cross the road before being hit by the truck, which was erroneously thought to be a BRT Bus.

As a result, hoodlums armed with sticks and stones, immediately descended on some BRT buses plying the route as at the time of the incident and in the process destroyed several of the BRT buses.

But the Government in a statement signed the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Steve Ayorinde, said that contrary to the information being circulated in the social media that the street hawker was hit by a BRT bus, it was a truck belonging to a soft drink company that unfortunately hit the boy. “It wasn’t any of our buses that killed him (hawker), it was a soft drink company truck that unfortunately crushed the boy while he was trying to escape from KAI officers who were on patrol trying to rid the street of street hawkers and traders.

“But hoodlums now took advantage of that to start destroying government assets, including several of the brand new BRT buses,” he said. Ayorinde said it took the intervention of a team from the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) to quell the riotous scene caused by the hoodlums before the corpse of the boy was taken to the morgue at the General Hospital, Ikeja. The Commissioner said that at least three hoodlums alleged to have been part of the mob that destroyed the BRT buses have been arrested, saying that the law would take its full course.

“The Lagos State Government would like to use this opportunity to further reiterate that it would not relent in ridding the state of illegality, street trading and hawking,” he said. Ayorinde said that Section one of the Lagos State Street Trading and Illegal Market Prohibition Law 2003, restricts street trading and hawking in the metropolis, while Sections Seven and Eight of the same law gives jurisdiction and power to the Special Court to order the seizure and public auction of items impounded from street traders.

Section 10 of the law, he said, also prescribes a N5000 fine or three months imprisonment upon conviction. “Street traders are hereby urged to desist from this illegal activity because the government will not be blackmailed and would do that which is necessary.

“And for the miscreants and hoodlums, the Lagos State Government and the Police Command would not allow any act of civil disobedience and those arrested would be dealt with in accordance with the law and further arrests would be made as investigation continues,” he said.

Credit: Vanguard

Buhari Never Called Nigerians ‘Criminals’, Presidency Clarifies

The State House has described as misconstrued, the various interpretations of President Muhammadu Buhari’s comments in an interview granted to the UK’s Daily Telegraph newspaper on February 5.

In a statement yesterday by his media aide, Mr. Garba Shehu, the presidency stated that the wave of negative reactions to the president’s remarks about the reputation of Nigerians abroad was as a result of an incomplete understanding of the president’s point.

Shehu said: “President Buhari was asked about the flood of migrants from Nigeria and the fraudulent applications for asylum put in by people desperate to leave their motherland at any cost, and it was this question that elicited his response.”

Shehu urged Nigerians to avail themselves of a full text of the interview, which he said was available on the Telegraph’s website.
He said it was preposterous for anyone to imagine that the President of Nigeria would describe all the citizens of the country he leads as “criminals”, when he himself is a Nigerian — obviously not a criminal — and when there are many Nigerians of honest living making their country proud all over the world.

“Unfortunately, there are also Nigerians giving their country a bad image abroad, and it is to those Nigerians that the president referred in his comments,” he said, adding that people might play politics and online games with the president’s comments, but the fact of the matter remained that Nigeria’s reputation abroad had been severely damaged by her own citizens.

“These Nigerians who leave their country to go and make mischief on foreign shores have given the rest of us a bad reputation that we daily struggle to overcome,” Shehu said.

He also drew attention to the many efforts of Buhari to clean up the image of Nigeria, such as the war against corruption, stating that acknowledging a problem was the first step to preferring a solution.

He said: “Buhari is very aware of the problems the people of Nigeria face both at home and abroad, and he is not shying away from admitting them, even as he focuses on solutions to bring them to a permanent end.”

Credit: ThisDay