Monies Collected From Dasuki By Dokpesi, Bafarawa, Others, Not For Arms Purchase– Agency

PRNigeria, an agency which distributes press statements for organisations and individuals in Nigeria, has said that contrary to public perception, not all funds disbursed from the office of the National Securty Adviser, ONSA are meant for arms procurement.

The firm in a statement Thursday denied that former NSA, Sambo Dasuki implicated some past governors and officials of the Peoples Democratic Party.

It also said “not all funds in Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) are related to arm procurement as being alleged.”

The Economic and Financial Crimes, EFCC, is presently investigating how over $2.2 billion meant for the procurement of arms and ammunition for Nigerian armed forces were allegedly diverted for political and other purposes.

The investigation is the outcome of a presidential investigation committee, which has now indicted a lot of officials within and outside the ONSA.

President Muhammadu had on receipt of the interim report of the committee directed that all those indicted in the report be arrested.

EFCC so far have in detention the former NSA, Dasuki, and former Minister of state for Finance, Bashir Yuguda, owner of AIT/Raypower, Raymond Dokpesi as well as a former governor of Sokoto state, Attahiru Bafarawa.

Others in detention include the son of Mr. Bafarawa, Sagir Bafarawa, and that of a former Minister of Defence, Bello Mohammed, Abba Mohammed.

Credit: PremiumTimes