Slaughter Cows Roaming Abuja’s Streets, Melaye Tells FCT Minister

Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye, on Monday asked the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mohammed Bello, to order pastoralists out of Nigeria’s capital city of Abuja.

Mr. Melaye made the call when the minister testified before the Senate Committee on the Federal Capital Territory. The committee is chaired by Mr. Melaye.

Mr. Melaye reminded Mr. Bello that an earlier directive issued against the activities of herdsmen within the city had been ignored and a drastic action must be taken to end the menace.

“Honourable Minister, Senate as an institution is not happy at how Fulani herdsmen continue to move their cows across the city centre, which we are aware you have given directive against that some time ago,” Mr. Melaye said.

Mr. Melaye said Mr. Bello should direct municipal workers to move about with tools to either slaughter cows or seize them and place heavy fines on their owners.

“From now, get knives and ask your men to slaughter cows found in the capital city or prosecute herdsmen seen with cows in the city centre with a fine of N50, 000 per cow. This order must be carried out,” Mr. Melaye said.

Read More:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/211341-slaughter-cows-roaming-abujas-streets-melaye-tells-minister.html

Nigerian Military Must Come Clean On Slaughter Of 347 Shi’ites- Amnesty International

Revelations of the slaughter and secret burial of 347 members of a Shi’ite religious group in mass graves by the Nigerian army must be urgently investigated, said Amnesty International today, and anyone suspected of criminal responsibility for these crimes must be brought to trial.

The acknowledgment of the extrajudicial killings which took place between 12-14 December 2015 in Zaria, were made by a Kaduna government official at a Public Hearing of the Judicial Commission of Inquiry and echoes Amnesty International’s own findings.

“The horrific revelation by the Kaduna State government that hundreds of Shi’ites were gunned down and dumped in mass graves is an important first step to bringing all those suspected of criminal responsibility for this atrocity to trial,” said Country Director of Amnesty International Nigeria, M.K. Ibrahim.

“It is now imperative that the mass grave sites are protected in order that a full independent forensic investigation can begin. The bodies must be exhumed and Nigerian authorities should immediately reveal the whereabouts of those held in unacknowledged detention and either charge or release them.”

Amnesty International has been conducting research in the Zaria killings since January 2016. A comprehensive report will be published in the near future.

The Kaduna State Government on Monday announced that 347 persons were killed during the December 12 Shiite/Nigerian Army clash in Zaria.

The Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Balarabe Lawal, disclosed this in a government submission at the ongoing Public Hearing of the Judicial Commission of Inquiry into the clash.

The burial of the victims was done in secret, and this is the first time the state government was explaining how the remains of the killed shiite members were disposed.

Credit: PremiumTimes

Hoodlums Slaughter 23 Year Old In Lagos

Some hoodlums have invaded Iya Agan Street on Old Apapa Road in the Ebute-Meta area of Lagos State, killing a 23-year-old, identified only as Dada.

It was learnt that the hoodlums, who wielded guns and cutlasses, asked residents not to panic while they slaughtered Dada, alias Ratio, saying they (hoodlums) did not come for innocent lives.

The 23-year-old, whose family members or address, had yet to be known, was killed around 5.30pm on Friday in the area.

It was learnt that anxious residents, however, contacted the vigilance group in the area, which in turn contacted the Iponri Police Division.

It was gathered that when policemen arrived at the scene, Dada’s corpse was recovered, but the hoodlums had fled.

On Monday, some of the residents said they wanted to flee when they heard the gunshots, but the hoodlums calmed them down, saying they only trailed a rival member to the area, and they had no plan to unleash terror on anyone.

A shop owner, who gave his name only as Abimbola, said the attackers came in two tricycles, otherwise known as Keke Marwa.

He said,the gunshots did not have effect, they slaughtered him with a cutlass.”

A resident, who declined to mention her name, said Dada was known to be moving with the Fagbayimu Boys, adding that rival hoodlums, trailed him to the area.

She said, “Those hoodlums had come on Tuesday to attack a shop owner and collected his phones and money. So, when we saw them again on Friday, we were afraid. But they said they knew the person they were looking for.

“Minutes later, they found Dada and started shooting at him. There was a man who came to repair his car at a mechanic workshop at that time, he left his car and climbed a fence in fear. But the hoodlums continued to assure

people around the scene that they should not run.

“ I do not know the deceased’s family members, but he was usually seen with the Fagabayimu Boys. When we told the man on the fence that the hoodlums had gone and he should come down, he refused.”

One of the executives of the vigilance group, Mr. Ishola Agbodemu, said one of the hoodlums, identified only as Ayo, was caught on Saturday and handed over to the Anti-Robbery Section of the State Department of Criminal Investigation, Yaba.

He said, “The hoodlums wanted to start reprisals in our area, but we brought out vigilance group members to apprehend them. On Saturday, one of the suspects, Ayo, was caught with weapons. They were actually three, but we caught one of them.

“He is at the SDCI, and the police are interrogating him.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos,confirmed the killing.

She added that investigation was ongoing into the incident.

Credit: Punch

Somalia’s Al-Qaeda Threatens To Slaughter Members Who Join ISIS

Somalia’s Shebab fighters have warned they will “cut the throat” of members who shift allegiance from Al-Qaeda to Islamic State, amid reports some factions have already been punished for doing so.

“If anyone says he belongs to another Islamic movement, kill him on the spot,” top Shebab official Abu Abdalla, said in a radio broadcast Monday. “We will cut the throat of any one… if they undermine unity.”

Credit: AFP

Boko Haram Kills Nearly 200 In 48 Hours Of Slaughter

Boko Haram carried out a fresh wave of massacres in northeastern Nigeria on Friday, locals said, killing nearly 200 people in 48 hours of violence President Muhammadu Buhari blasted as “inhuman and barbaric”.

The militants have staged multiple attacks across restive Borno state since Wednesday, gunning down worshippers at evening Ramadan prayers, shooting women in their homes, and dragging men from their beds in the dead of night.

A young female suicide bomber also killed 12 worshippers when she blew herself up in a mosque in Borno. While there was no immediate claim of responsibility, Boko Haram has used both men and young women and girls as human bombs in the past.

And as night fell, Nigerian troops battled “hordes of Boko Haram gunmen” who seemed set on attacking the state capital Maiduguri, the birthplace of the extremist Islamist movement.

“President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned the latest wave of killings… describing them as most inhuman and barbaric,” the presidency said in a statement.

The bloodshed is the worst since Buhari came to power in May, vowing to root out the insurgency that has claimed more than 15,000 lives.

“They killed six people in the village and they chased the inhabitants into the bush, firing at them… 25 people were killed in the bush,” he said.

Another survivor, Adamu Bulus, confirmed 31 people had been murdered.

It was the fourth time that Boko Haram had attacked the village in the past year, local youth worker Sunday Wabba told AFP, describing how they “killed everyone on sight”.

Credit: AFP

Boko Haram Slaughter Wives To Prevent Them From Marrying Infidels In The Future

Dozens of Nigerian women who were forced to marry Boko Haram fighters were reportedly slaughtered by their “husbands” before a battle with troops in the northeast town of Bama, multiple witnesses said Thursday.

Five witnesses who recounted the massacres to AFP said the Islamist militants feared they would be killed by advancing soldiers or separated from their wives when they fled the town.

They killed the women to prevent them from subsequently marrying soldiers or other so-called non-believers, they added. “The terrorists said they will not allow their wives to be married to infidels,” said Sharifatu Bakura, 39, a mother of three.

CreditYahoo