There was an outbreak of fire at the headquarters of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Monday.
The fire was said to have started from a spark from an air conditioner in the office of the personal assistant to Mahmoud Yakubu, the chairman.
The fire was later put out before it could do a severe damage to the office it started in.
In an interview with NAN, Oluwole Osaze-Uzzi, director of voter education and publicity, said the incident was minor.
He said no life or sensitive materials was lost.
“It was a minor fire incident and the officers of the fire service and staff of the commission put it off with the use of fire extinguisher,” Osaze-Uzzi said.
“There is nothing to worry about the incident; nobody was injured, no loss of life, and no loss of sensitive documents to the fire outbreak.”
Source: The Cable