Presidency Denounces Alleged Attacks On Jonathan

The Presidency has expressed worry over alleged attacks on President Goodluck Jonathan after he conceded defeat in the recent presidential election. Jonathan, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) candidate lost to Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress on March 28/29.

Reuben Abati Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity said since then, some people had continued to work hard to diminish the Jonathan Presidency.

“We are particularly worried that since the March 28 and April 11 elections, some persons have continued to work very hard to diminish the Jonathan Presidency. They need to be reminded that the time for politics is over; it is now time to focus on the in-coming government, with emphasis on national development and moving the country forward,” Abati said.

Abati added that President Jonathan has done his best to protect and strengthen democracy and promote peace. “He justly deserves all the accolades that he has received from both Nigerians and the international community for this. Certain persons and interest groups may not be happy that his profile has further risen and that his legacy is assured; but they do their country gross disservice when they act so unpatriotically,” Abati said.

He said anyone who is engaged in imposing a crisis on the country by any means was not being fair to Nigeria. “We can only appeal to the public to be wary of such reckless tactics now on display, which form the substance of an odd, malicious campaign after the elections,” Abati said.

Credit: CAJ News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *