Nigeria is not a place but a people. The colour on our flag is a
representation of who we are but our self seeking ambitions have
discoloured what we once called our pride. I keep wondering, are we
still green or a colour full with greed?
We flaunt a colour green and call ourselves Nigerians whereas by our
attitude we are more of aliens professing a creed not reflecting in
deed, pointing fingers at others forgetting to realize that no one else
is responsible for our lives and actions except us.
When people say there is nothing to celebrate in Nigeria I wonder why
event planners are still in business. If we glamorously celebrate our
anniversaries and ‘achievements’ without a referral to sustainable
communal development then we are the perfect definition of mediocrity.
Imagine a future where we have all stolen from ourselves and have
nothing left in common except the anticipation of being the first to
kill the next loosed cow. That’s the future that awaits our misplaced
valued and self seeking attitude. In our angry actions & words against
our ‘rulers’ and with our fights and complaints, we have gradually
become more of what we most disdain.
No matter how far we run, we can’t run from who we are, WE ARE NIGERIANS
first before anything else; the most favoured and endowed among black
nations who are yet to articulate a common vision and master the art of
discipline to achieve same. If Dubai that has Sun, Sand & Sea can in the
desert grow a tree then for Nigeria I see a possible future waiting for
you and me.
As we celebrate 53, two numbers with great significance, let’s StepUp
with the grace God has given and walk in unity to achieve a common goal.
Let’s recolour our pride from greed back to green. We can be a
Generation Empowered Motivated & Stirred To Operate in Natural
Excellence if we…
– Make a positive impact on everyone we meet and everywhere we go.
– Be a ROLE MODEL worthy of emulation.
– Be a solution to problems and not a problem to solutions.
– Be the best in all we do particularly the things we are good at
– Do the right thing regardless of who is doing the wrong thing.
– Value time and make the best of it.
– Care and show that we care through our words and actions.
– Consciously build a great legacy starting today & everyday.
– Live a life of INTEGRITY.
– Make our family, nation & God proud. Be someone’s claim to fame.
Happy independence to those who are truly independent
I am your friend…Chunu Teajay
NB: Included are the 10 core value of GEMSTONE