Hollande Condemns ‘Cowardly’ Terror Attack On French Police

French President Francois Hollande on Tuesday called the killing of a policeman and his partner by a man claiming allegiance to Islamic State (IS) a “terrorist act” and warned France still faced a serious threat.

The attack is the first deadly strike in France since the coordinated attacks on Paris by an Islamic State cell in November in which 130 people were killed.

Hollande said the 42-year-old policeman and his partner, who were attacked at their home northwest of Paris overnight, were “murdered in cowardly fashion.”

“It’s unquestionably a terrorist act,” Hollande said, stressing that France, which is currently hosting the Euro 2016 football championships was still “facing a very significant terrorist threat.”

Sources close to the investigation identified the suspect, who was killed in a police raid, as Larossi Abballa and said he was convicted in 2013 over his role in a jihadist group with links to Pakistan.

The sources later confirmed that the 25-year-old assailant was also part of a more recent investigation into a network recruiting jihadists for the fight in Syria.

During failed negotiations with police that ended with elite RAID officers storming the house, the attacker claimed he was also acting on behalf of IS.

He repeatedly stabbed the policeman and then killed his partner, who was found with knife wounds to her neck.

The couple’s three-year-old son was found after the police operation, “in shock but unharmed,” a prosecutor added.

Credit: Guardian

Explosion Rocks Brussels Metro station, 10 People Confirmed Dead

An explosion has occurred at the Maalbeek metro station in Brussels, Germany near the European Union headquarters. This comes after two explosions rocked the Zaventem airport in Brussels this morning. Meanwhile 10 people have been confirmed dead in the explosions while 30 people were injured. Belgium government have raised their terror alert to the highest…

Nigeria Joins Islamic Coalition Against Terror, Buhari Admits

President  Muhammadu Buhari has admitted that Nigeria has joined the Islamic Coalition against Terrorism put together by Saudi Arabia.

He made the disclosure during an interview broadcast at the weekend on international satellite news channel, Aljazeera.

He had been asked whether Nigeria was part of it and he answered: “We are part of it because we’ve got terrorists in Nigeria that everybody knows which claim that they are Islamic.

“So, if there’s an Islamic coalition to fight terrorism, Nigeria will be part of it because we are casualties of Islamic terrorism.”

Asked whether he had suggested Nigeria’s membership of the coalition during his meeting with King Salman Bin Abdul-Aziz during their meeting in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia recently, Buhari said: “Yes.”

Asked to explain how such coalition would work for Nigeria, he said he could not disclose the details to the media.

He added: ‘‘Well, that we mentioned under Lake Chad Basin Commission, our regional grouping compromising Cameroon, Chad, Niger, Nigeria and Benin and we dedicated a certain number of troops to be deployed in our own sub-region and I don’t think we have to tell the press the details of that.”

When his interviewer pointed out that since Nigeria was roughly evenly divided among Christians and Muslims and that some Christians were complaining that he was giving Islamic identity to Nigeria, the president wondered why such Christians had not gone to fight Boko Haram in the North or militants sabotaging installations in the South.

“Why can’t those Christians that complained go and fight terrorism in Nigeria or fight the militancy in the South. It’s Nigeria that matters, not the opinion of some religious bigots,” he stated.

The president’s admission came a under two weeks after an official presidency statement seemed to suggest that Buhari had turned down the invitation to be part of the coalition.

Credit: Leadership

Buhari Turns Down Invitation To Join Coalition Of Islamic States Against Terror

President Muhammadu Buhari has tactically rejected the invitation by Saudi Arabia to join the coalition of Islamic States against terror.

Buhari, who is on a week-long visit to Saudi Arabia and Qatar told his host and ruler of Saudi Arabia, King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, that rather than joining, Nigeria would support the coalition.

A statement by the president’s spokesman Mr. Garba Shehu said Buhari turned down the invitation Tuesday at a bilateral meeting between Nigeria and Saudi Arabia in Riyadh.

It added that the two leaders engaged in extensive discussions on regional and global issues, and agreed that terrorism posed a common threat to their states and would require close cooperation to prevail over the threat.

Buhari, who was making his first pronouncement on the invitation to join the coalition of Islamic states against terror spearheaded by the Saudis, congratulated King Salman on its formation, adding however that rather than joining the coalition, Nigeria would support it.
“Even if we are not a part of it, we support you.  I must thank the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the recent creation of a coalition to address the menace of international terrorism.

“Nigeria will support your efforts in keeping peace and stopping the spread of terror in your region.  This is in consonance with our own commitment and ongoing efforts in seeking to stamp out Boko Haram terrorists from the West African sub-region and Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC),” the president said.

Speaking on global terror, Buhari said that “international terrorism made a statement by attacking one of the advanced countries by carrying out an attack on Paris in which 130 were killed. Now we have to come together to find a common solution to the problem of terrorism”.

He thanked the Saudi government for its continuing support to Nigeria in the fight against terrorism.

Credit: Thisday

Indonesia Promises To Assist Nigeria In War On Terror

The Indonesian government says it is ready to provide assistance to Nigeria in its fight against terrorism.

The Ambassador of Indonesia to Nigeria, Harry Purwanto, made the promise at a meeting with Nigeria’s Minister of State for Foreign Affairs in Abuja, the nation’s capital city.

At the meeting held at the Minister’s office on Thursday, both countries had the opportunity to explore areas of mutual benefit.

In their talks, Mrs Ibrahim also sought an agreement on prisoner swap between the two countries, in an attempt to bring some Nigerians serving different jail terms in Indonesia back home.

Earlier, the Minister asked for the assistance of the Indonesian government in Nigeria’s fight against insurgency in the northeast.

Responding to the request, the Indonesian Ambassador said his government had also had to deal with the issue terrorism and would welcome an opportunity to assist Nigeria.

Mr Purwanto further stated that his country would also wish to explore the possibility of buying crude oil from Nigeria.

Credit: ChannelsTV

Paris Terror Plot Mastermind Is Dead

The mastermind behind the Paris massacre, Abdelhamid Abaaoud, is dead, according to two senior intelligence officials. According to Washington Post ,the 27-year-old Belgian jihadi leader is said to have been killed by French commandos when a flat was raided in the early hours of this morning. More than 100 armed officers stormed a flat in Saint-Denis believing Abaaoud was inside with six other terrorists.
 Security sources said earlier today it prevented a new ISIS double terror attack on Paris.

Eyewitnesses said a blonde female suicide bomber who blew herself up during a raid by French police screamed ‘Help me, help me’ moments before detonating a device as snipers opened fire. This afternoon police were seen removing two bodies from the apartment…

Russian Special Forces Foil Terror Attack

Russian special forces have prevented an ISIS terror attack in the south of Russia after uncovering a huge bomb hidden in plastic casks on the side of the road. The terror attack was scheduled to take place in the village of Kantyshevo in south-western Russia’s Republic of Ingushetia. Russian security services said the bomb contained 3.5 tonnes of explosives.

Members of the crew that worked on the operation stated that all the terrorists that were behind the planting of the bomb have been killed. They named the terrorist leaders as Aslan Byutukaev and Beslan Mahauri, both ISIS militants.
They said they had been following the activities of the two men since they discovered they had joined ISIS in summer 2015, and were unwittingly lead to their location by one of the two wives of Beslan, who had been furious when she found he had married a second woman, although a Muslim is allowed up to 4 wives under Islamic marital law.
Security service insiders said the woman’s efforts to find out what he was up to with her love rival, and where the pair were, had led them to his location, and the bomb. The plastic casks were found buried on the side road, in total amounting to 70 separate items with the capacity of 100 litres each.
According to the security services Byutukaev and Mahauri got financial support for their illicit actions in the region directly from ISIS.

In order to prevent the possible attack, Russian special services had to blow up the casks.

Twisted And Evil: Parents Of ISIS Bride Slam Her Poem Praising The Tunisian Beach Terrorist Attack

 The family of a British woman who fled to join Islamic State in Syria have said they are ‘sickened’ by a poem she wrote praising the massacre in Tunisia and attacks in Kuwait and France.

Former private schoolgirl Aqsa Mahmood left her home in Glasgow in November 2013 and married a militant from the terror group in February last year.

She has since posted a series of radical messages , including a call for others to copy the murder of soldier Lee Rigby and the Boston Marathon bombing.

In her most recent blog post, the 20-year-old celebrated Friday’s terror strikes as ‘revenge’ and ‘a day
that will go down in history….She praised the shooting at the Tunisian beach resort which left 38 tourists dead, the suicide bombing at a mosque in Kuwait and the beheading in France.The poem read:

 ‘In 3 different locations a family was born. It’s name was change, freedom and revenge.’Kuwait, France and Tunisia is where they reside. They left a mark which will always remain. Permanent and blunt.’

A statement released by their lawyer said:

‘The family of Aqsa Mahmood became aware yesterday of her blog Umm Layth posting praise for the attacks in Tunisia, France and Kuwait.’They are full of rage at her latest diatribe masquerading as Islam during the holy month of Ramadan.

‘Whilst their daughter may have destroyed any chance of happiness for her own family, they are sickened that she now celebrates the heartbreak of other families.
The Mahmood family have a message for any young person attracted to Isis, they say there is no honour, no glory, no god at work in the cowardly massacre of holidaymakers, people at prayer in a Shia mosque or an innocent man at his place of work.’

It added: ‘As for Aqsa’s words they can only be described as twisted and evil, this is not the daughter that they raised.’The Mahmoods’ thoughts and prayers are with the families who are grieving for the loss of their loved ones.’

Daily Mail