Organizer Of Ankara Suicide Attack Killed

An organiser of a deadly suicide attack in Ankara in February that left at least 28 people dead has been killed in counter-terror operations in Kurdish-majority southeast Turkey, a Turkish official said on Friday.

“Mehmet Sirin Kaya, a mastermind of the February 17 suicide attack against military personnel in Ankara has been killed in counter-terrorism operations in Lice, Diyarbakir,” the official told journalists, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The Kurdistan Freedom Falcons (TAK) — a radical splinter group of the better-known Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) — claimed the suicide bomb attack in Ankara, saying that it was in response to security operations in the southeast.

Turkey has remained on high alert after a wave of attacks on its soil blamed on not only Kurdish militants but also Islamic State (IS) jihadists.

At least 44 people were killed in a triple suicide bombing at Istanbul’s international airport on Tuesday, with the government pointing the finger of blame at IS jihadists.

Credit: Guardian

Brussels Suicide Attack Brother Left Desperate Will

Belgian prosecutors said Wednesday that two brothers carried out suicide attacks at Brussels airport and on a metro train, with one of them leaving a desperate will in a trash can saying he did not know what do any more.

Ibrahim El Bakraoui blew himself up in the check-in hall of Zaventem airport while Khalid El Bakraoui attacked a metro train at Maalbeek station near the EU headquarters, Frederic van Leeuw told a news conference.

Prosecutors said the confirmed toll from the two attacks was 31 dead and 270 wounded.

Van Leeuw said Bakraoui’s “will” said he was “in a rush”, and “I don’t know what to do … hunted everywhere … no longer safe”, adding that “I don’t want to end up in a cell next to him”.

That appeared to be a reference to Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam, who is reportedly linked to Bakraoui, and who is in custody in Belgium after being captured last week.

The computer on which Ibrahim wrote the will was dumped in a trash can in the same street in the Brussels district of Schaarbeek where investigators found an unexploded bomb, an Islamic State group flag and bomb-making materials on Tuesday night.

Prosecutors confirmed that they had found 15 kilos (33 pounds) of TATP high explosive in the flat.

They also found chemicals including 150 litres of acetone, 30 litres of liquid oxygen, detonators, a suitcase full of nails and other bomb-making equipment including plastic trays, tools and ventilator.

A third man, who was filmed with Ibrahim and a second unidentified suicide bomber and who fled the scene without detonating his device, remains on the run, prosecutors said.

“The third man is on the run; he left his bag with the biggest bomb in it, which exploded later because it was so unstable. This third person remains unidentified and is still being looked for,” he said.

Credit: Guardian

51 Feared Dead In Dikwa Suicide Attack

At least 51 people died in a suicide bomb attack in Dikwa, a local council in Borno State, villagers say.

Seventy-eight injured persons have also been evacuated to Maiduguri, the capital city for treatment.

A mass burial has already been conducted for the deceased victims, mostly women and children.

Dikwa, 80 kilometres from Maiduguri, once occupied by the Boko Haram terrorists, was declared liberated by the Nigerian Army since July last year.

Credit: ChannelsTv

Suicide Attack At Cameroon Mosque Kills Four

Four worshippers were killed in a suicide bombing at a mosque in northern Cameroon on Monday, a security source said, five days after a similar attack left 13 people dead.

Monday’s attack took place in the village of Nguetchewe in an area regularly targeted by Boko Haram, theAFP reported.

“The toll of this attack is four dead and two injured,” the source, who was at the scene of the attack, toldAFP on condition of anonymity.

On Wednesday last week, suicide bomber killed 13 worshippers and wounded at least one in an attack on a mosque also in northern Cameroon.

Officials said last week’s attack was suspected to have been carried out by terror group, Boko Haram.

Cameroonian troops form part of an 8,700-strong regional force created to battle Boko Haram.

The United States recently disclosed plans to send military supplies and troops to the Central African country to aid the fight.

 “The suicide attack took place at 5.40am (04.40 GMT) in a mosque at Kouyape. There were 13 deaths, including the man, who blew himself up and one wounded,” said a senior local official, who declined to be identified.

The suicide bomber, who struck at the mosque, was said to be praying alongside worshippers when he blew himself up, a security source told AFP.

“Twelve worshippers were killed at the scene. Another died of his wounds in the hospital,” the source added.

Credit: Punch

Troops Kill 30 Boko Haram Insurgents, Foil Suicide Attack In Borno

Over 30 members of the dreaded Boko Haram sect were killed in a gun duel with Nigerian troops assisted by local vigilantes yesterday morning.

Nigerian troops with the assistance of local vigilantes had laid an ambush for the insurgents between the border villages of Kirchinga/Imirsa which came under Boko Haram attacks in recent times leading to the death of innocent residents.

A local vigilante operative who participated in the campaign told our reporter that following intelligence report about the movement of the Boko Haram insurgents, an ambush was laid which resulted in the killing of many Boko Haram members.

“Following information about the movements of the Boko Haram we got, we decided to lay an ambush in the early hours of Sunday. Our efforts yielded results as we succeeded in killing over 30 of the insurgents after a fierce gun duel.

“We confiscated many weapons from the invading terrorists, including AK 47 assault rifles, bows and arrows and other dangerous weapons,” the source said.

The onslaught against the insurgents followed increased attacks on parts of Madagali local government leading to the death of three soldiers and the abduction of one senior military officer alongside his operational vehicle.

Read More: leadership

NEMA Confirms 14 Dead In Damaturu Suicide Attack

At least 14 people were killed in three separate suicide bomb attacks in Damaturu, northeast Nigeria, on Wednesday, the country’s National Emergency Management Agency said.

The blasts came after Boko Haram militants this week claimed to have carried out three suicide attacks on the outskirts of the capital, Abuja, last Friday that left 18 dead and 41 injured.

Suspicion will likely fall on the Islamist rebels, who have repeatedly attacked Damaturu during their bloody, six-year insurgency.

Last month, a girl thought to be aged 12 killed six and injured 47 when the explosives she was carrying went off outside a bus station in the Yobe state capital.

NEMA coordinator for Yobe state Bashir Idris Garga said the first blast happened at a small food store at a housing estate, killing four.

Another near a mosque killed one, while nine, including a family, lost their lives when another bomber exploded at a Fulani settlement on the outskirts of the city.

“Total injured 10, seven partially injured and three critically injured,” Garga said in a text message.

Boko Haram has reverted to attacking “soft” civilian targets after last year’s land grab that saw it seize towns and villages across Yobe and neighbouring Borno and Adamawa states.

Read More: ngrguardiannews

Damaturu Suicide Attack: How It Happened

Two suspected female suicide bombers attacked a motor park and Pompomari ward simultaneously in  Damaturu, the Yobe state capital, killing seven with over 26 others injured.

Sources said, one of the suicide bombers, wearing a veil and pretending to be passenger, detonated her bomb at about 9:45am when security men manning the park had not commenced  routine check of people entering the park.

Meanwhile, the scene of the explosion has been condoned off by security men as as corpses and the injured were taken to Sani Abacha Specialist hospital.

Read Morevanguardngr