Buhari Never Received Pension, Gratuities From Army- Presidency

President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday said he has not been receiving military pensions and salaries as former head of state since he assumed office in May 2015.

Mr. Buhari said, in fact, he did not receive pensions due to him as a retired military officers, unlike many of his contemporaries.

Mr. Buhari was reacting to a narrative circulating on social media which said he has been receiving double payments from the federal coffers.

In a statement released by presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, on Twitter, Mr. Buhari said all financial gratuities, vehicles and even souvenirs due him were not paid to him by the Army.

“The President has never received pension from the army or car as had gone to former Commanders-in-Chief,” Mr. Shehu said. “After his overthrow, they didn’t remember him even  in the annual distribution of diaries or calendars.”

“Buhari stopped collecting allowances paid to former Heads of State the moment he took office as elected President last year.

“Since his overthrow as military ruler, the army never instituted a pension for him. The army is known to supply cars to former heads of the army. President Buhari never got any of that,” Mr. Shehu said.

Mr. Shehu said before Mr. Buhari was elected president, he did not benefit from vehicle supplies to former Nigerian leaders, a claim he said could be verified at the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

Read More:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/208780-buhari-never-received-pension-gratuities-army-presidency.html

Father Of Toddler Who Received Heart Transplant Shot His Family & Himself

In a tragic, heartbreaking story, a Pennsylvania man bought a gun one day after police responded to a domestic dispute at his home and used it less than three weeks later to kill his wife, his three children, and then himself, authorities said.

Megan Short, 33, told police she was afraid of her husband when they came to her home July 18, investigators revealed Monday, and was in the process of moving out but never made it to her new home.

Police found the bodies of Mark Short, 40, his wife, and three children, 8-year-old Lianna, 5-year-old Mark Jr., and 2-year-old Willow on Aug. 6, the same day Megan Short and her children were supposed to move to their new house, in the family’s living room in Sinking Spring, about 50 miles northwest of Philadelphia. Mark Short was allegedly supposed to rent a moving van to help with the move.

The three children — whom Mark Short had taken to an amusement park just a day earlier for an employer-sponsored family day — were still in their pajamas. The family dog was also killed.

Police discovered them after breaking into the Sinking Springs home to check on the family after Megan Short’s mother reported that her daughter had failed to show for a lunch date. Relatives were left awaiting Megan Short’s arrival at her new home.

Investigators found a handwritten murder-suicide note on the dining room table and a handgun near Mark Short, and an autopsy concluded Short’s gunshot wound was self-inflicted. Short appeared to have written the letter after he killed his family, acknowledging having bought the gun and using it to commit the murders, authorities said. But they declined to provide further details of what was in the letter.

District Attorney John Adams said the investigation also turned up a report of a domestic dispute at a Philadelphia hotel where the couple was staying June 4. He said only hotel security had been involved in that case.

Police who responded to the Short home a month later informed Megan Short how to seek a protection from abuse order, but the investigation found she never sought such an order, though she had said she intended to file the next day. Officers found the children home during the incident, but Mark Short had left the area before police arrived.

“I don’t know that we know specifically as to why this relationship had disintegrated. We don’t have any answers to that,” Adams said. “Suffice it to say based upon our investigation … we can tell you he was going through a breakup of a marriage and he was emotional about that, but that’s all we can tell you.”

Mark Short, a loan officer, had also been demoted at his job at the start of August, Adams said.

Megan Short had alleged in a Facebook post that she had been abused, a neighbor also said.

Adams said, had Megan Short expressed a need to relocate with her children, Berks Women In Crisis, a crisis intervention and victim support group, could have provided them shelter. Police had done all they were legally allowed to do, he said.

“I don’t know that anything can be learned other than when leaving an abusive relationship, it’s often a very dangerous time for a victim. So, we urge anyone who’s in a similar situation to develop a safety plan and contact their local domestic violence agency for assistance,” Adams said.

The Shorts had been featured in news stories about their difficulties getting medication for Willow, who had a heart transplant. The family made headlines in 2014 and were featured in the New York Times in 2015, shortly after 1-year-old Willow received a new heart. Megan Short previously wrote that anxiety related to her daughter’s condition had left her with post-traumatic stress disorder and “survivor’s guilt” when children with similar problems from other families died.

Hundreds attended a funeral Mass for the family Friday. Mark Short was mentioned only in passing during the service.

Credit: Cosmopolitan

Details On How Buhari Received Full Details Of 2016 Budget

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday received the full details of the 2016 budget from the National Assembly.

The Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on National Assembly Matters, Senator Ita Enang, alongside his colleague, Hon. Ismaila Kawu, who brought the document to the Presidential Villa confirmed its receipt to State House correspondents.
He said: “The budget details have been transmitted to His Excellency, Mr. President today. The constitutional process begins thereafter.

“We have transmitted it to the office of the president and the constitutional process of timing starts.”
Buhari had refused to sign the budget when it was passed last month citing the absence of the expenditure breakdown. He insisted on seeing the details and having it scrutinised by the ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs), before signing the 2016 Appropriation Bill into law.

Sources confirmed that the Clerk of the National Assembly, Mr. Salisu Maikasuwa signed the 1,800-page document yesterday morning and presented it to Enang at about 10 am for onward transmission to Buhari.
“I can confirm to you that Senator Enang received the document this morning. You recall the clerk of the National Assembly received it yesterday. So he has signed it, and it has been given to the SSA,” a source said.

Another source, however, was critical that the process of transmission was dragged into an unnecessary controversy.

Credit: Thisday

Kwara Denies Saraki Received Salary After Leaving Office As Governor

The Kwara State Government has risen in defence of the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, against claims he received salary for four years after he served as governor of the state.

On Wednesday, an investigator with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission testified before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, saying Mr. Saraki kept drawing salary from Kwara Government after he left office in 2011 and had been elected senator.

But Kwara, in a statement by the Secretary to State Government, Isiaka Gold, on Wednesday, denied the EFCC claims, saying it has only been paying Mr. Saraki’s pension since he left office.

The state government said the last amount it paid Mr. Saraki as salary was N291,474.00 meant for May, 2011 – his last month in office.

According to the statement, “From June 2011, former Governor Saraki started receiving his pension which was N578,188.00 as other past governors in the country.”

The statement added that “after the review of pensions of former political office holders by the State Pension Board, the former governor’s pension increased to N1,239,493.94 monthly from October 2014 to date.

“Kwara State Government, therefore, dismissed as false and misleading the allegation that former Governor Saraki was receiving salaries after the expiration of his two-term tenure as governor of the state.”

Credit: PremiumTimes

Watch Kim Kardashian Flaunt Flowers She Received After Giving Birth

Kim Kardashian did a livestream on her app to show her fans some of the gorgeous floral arrangements she got from friends after giving birth to her new son Saint West.

“Let me show you the most gorgeous flowers that I got from everybody. They are so, so, so sweet, I love flowers, so it was really nice,” the 35-year-old reality star said in her video, which can be seen below.

Kim had the flowers displayed all over her mom Kris Jenner‘s Calabasas home. At one point in the video, Kris made an appearance, and insisted the flowers were all hers.

Credit: JustJared

Why Gov. Lalong Has Not Received Any Salary Since May 29

Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State says he has not received a salary as the governor since he assumed office on May 29.

Speaking with journalists on Sunday, the governor explained that he decided not take any salary because his focus was to first settle the backlog of salaries owed civil servants incurred before he assumed the leadership of the state.

“We want to take care of the salaries of civil servants first before we look at ourselves,” he said. “We are yet to constitute the cabinet because we inherited a very huge debt. As soon as the debts are reduced we will constitute the cabinet.”

Creditdailytimes