Robbery suspect nabbed for allegedly raping, killing victims

Policemen at Isheri-Osun Division of the Lagos State command have arrested a suspected member of a robbery gang that invaded a building in Ijedodo area of the state at the weekend.

The robbery gang was alleged to have raped a female victim in the building and abandoned the breadwinner, simply identified as Morris, in the pool of his blood to die. They also carted away the victims’ phones, cash, household appliances as well as foodstuff.

It was gathered that the four man-robbery gang scaled the fence of the bungalow building and entered into the sitting room through the kitchen, spending close to three hours in the apartment.

They forced Moris’s door open and immediately attacked him with a rod and a pestle until he passed out. Not done, they tied the victim’s hands and legs with strings and locked up his wife, two children and maid in another room.

Suspected leader of the gang was said to have taken Morris’ sister-in-law to the toilet where she was raped and locked up.

Thereafter, they went to the refrigerator, where they entertained themselves with some bottles of wine and soft drinks before they set out of the compound.

Speaking with The Guardian, the 24-year-old suspect, who claimed to be a trader at Alaba International Market, along Mile Two-Badagry Expressway, said he got only N2,000 from the loot.

According to the Anambra State-born suspect, “I had a shop at Ikotun, which was burgled. In my quest to raise money, I travelled to Ghana but returned last November and started assisting shop owners at Alaba Market in referring customers to them.

“I also stole packets of chargers from shops, which I sold for N7,000 as against the cost price of N12,000. I was caught on Tuesday by members of the task force at Fancy and Furniture, for stealing a carton of charger. After subjecting me to some beatings, one Ikenna called me aside and said I should stop stealing in the market. He invited me to join him for an operation at Ijegun.

“We got to Ijegun around 9:00p.m. and stayed in an uncompleted building until 2:00a.m. We entered our target’s house because it was the most beautiful among those we saw. My duty was to stand at the gate while others went inside to operate.

“At the end of the operation, I was given a paltry N2,000. On our way out, Ikenna gave me his bag, which contained his loot, to carry. But as we were going, some vigilance group members asked me to show them what was in my bag. Immediately, Ikenna and the rest took to their heels. When they opened the bag, they found a phone, a camera, Bournvita, a tin of milk and an empty packet of clipper.

“I regret my action and I am begging the police to release me. I am ready to sign an undertaking to be killed if I am caught stealing again,” the Junior Secondary School Two drop out said.


Source: The Guardian

About the author

Adeeko Ademola

Fiery Writer • Online Publicist • Content Manager • Entrepreneur • Patriotic Nigerian