NEWS

Man dies using iPhone in the bath while charging it

A man died when he was electrocuted while charging his iPhone and using it in the bath.

Thirty-two-year-old Richard was discovered by his wife and had such severe burns to his chest, arm and hand that she thought he had been attacked.

He is thought to have used an extension cord running into the bathroom from the hallway then rested the phone on his chest.

When it touched the water, the phone electrocuted him, killing him immediately.

The coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death, saying: “These (iPhones) seem like innocuous devices but can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom.

“They should attach warnings. I intend to write a report later to the makers of the phone.”

His mother said: “I worry so many people, and especially teenagers who can’t be separated from their phones, don’t know how dangerous it is.”

The incident happened in Ealing, West London; and was reported in the SUN.

About the author

Evabeta Tega

Blogger, Writer, Radio On Air Host , Human Capacity Coach ........ From The School Of Thought Impossible Means Nothing.
Follow On Twitter -- @MISTATEE_TEGA On Instagram -- @MISTATEETEGA

  • How ….. Can he be. In the twenty first century, after many incidence like that reckoned in the past he still have to go into the bath tub to bath with his phone? Something I wrong. Cause if really he is addicted to his phone and social media he would have come accross such incidence broadcast. Anyway may he rest in peace.