Kanu Nwankwo makes list of 48 football legends
Published:27 Dec, 2016
Kanu Nwankwo, ?Nigerian soccer Icon, has been named as one of the 48 legends in the history of world football.
The International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS) released the list on Monday.
?This is one of the biggest recognition for the ex-Arsenal striker.
?Kanu made history by leading the Nigerian U-23 team to gold medal at the 1996 Olympic games.
As a teenager, he was a key member of the Ajax team that dominated Europe and won the UEFA cup.
He went on to score some amazing goals for Arsenal FC and celebrated the exemplary “unbeaten run” with the team.
Kanu has won ?three FA cup medals and two African Player of the Year? ?awards.
Below is the list of the best-ever and most celebrated football players of all times:
- Edson Arantes Do Nascimento (PELE) of Brazil
- Arthur Antunes Coimbra (Zico) of Brazil
- Late Manuel Francisco dos Santos (Garrincha) of Brazil
- Ronaldo Luís Nazário De Lima (Ronaldo) of Brazil
- Franz Anton Beckenbauer (Beckenbauer) of Germany
- GERD MÜLLER (Gerd) of Germany
- Lothar Matthäus of Germany
- Hendrik Johannes Cruijff (Johan Cruyff) of Netherlands
- Marco Van Basten (Marco) of Netherlands
- Ruud Gullit OON of Netherlands
- Bobby Charlton (Bobby) of United Kingdom
- David Robert Joseph Beckham (David Beckham) of United Kingdom
- Late STANLEY MATTHEWS of United Kingdom
- Diego Armando Maradona Franco (Maradona) of Argentina ?Late Alfredo Stéfano Di Stéfano Laulhé of Argentina
- HAO HAIDONG of China
- Sun Jihai of China
- Mahmoud El-Khatib (Bibo) of Egypt
- Mohamed Aboutrika of Egypt
- Michel Platini of France
- Zinedine Yazid Zidane (Zizou) of France
- Antonio Carbajal (Tota) of Mexico
- Hugo Sánchez Márquez (Sánchez) of Mexico
- Eusébio da Silva Ferreira (Eusébio) of Portugal
- Luís Filipe Madeira Caeiro Figo (Luis Figo) of Portugal
- Dino Zoff of Italy
- Roberto Baggio of Italy
- Mustapha Rabah Madjer (Rabah Madjer) of Algeria
- Albert Roger Mooh Miller (Roger Milla) of Cameroon
- Late Ferenc Puskás of Hungary
- Baichung Bhutia (Bhutia) of India
- Ali Daei of Iran
- Hidetoshi Nakata of Japan
- Cha Bum-kun (Tscha Bum) of South Korea
- Jasem Yaqoub Sultan Al-Besara of Kuwait
- George Tawlon Manneh Oppong Ousman Weah (George Weah) of Liberia
- Wynton Alan Whai Rufer of New Zealand
- Nwankwo Kanu of Nigeria
- José Luis Félix Chilavert González (José Luis Chilavert) of Paraguay
- Late Lev Ivanovich Yashin (Lev Yashin) of Russia
- Majed Ahmed Abdullah Al-Mohammed (Majed Abdullah) of Saudi Arabia
- Francisco Gento Lopez (Paco) of Spain
- Tanju Çolak of Turkey
- Oleh Volodymyrovych Blokhin of Ukraine
- Late Juan Alberto Schiaffino Villano (Pepe) of Uruguay
- Landon Timothy Donovan of USA
- Lucas Valeriu Ntuba Radebe (Lucas Radebe) of South Africa
- Ryan Joseph Giggs (Ryan Giggs) of Wales