Kanye West presented his Yeezy Season 4 collection at New York Fashion Weekon Wednesday, shuttling editors and guests out to Roosevelt Island to take in his monochrome latest. The regular set of famous faces made appearances in the front row—hi, Kim!—and some even turned up on the runway. As for the clothing, it was in line with West’s past seasons, mostly in shades of nude and neutrals and still very body conscious. While you wait for Nicole Phelps’s review, read Dirk Standen’s interview with Kanye here, and get the abridged version of events at Yeezy Season 4 below.
1. West held the show at Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park on Roosevelt Island. The location was kept secret, with guests simply given the address of a bus to board in the afternoon that would drive them to the show.
2. Pharrell, Spike Jonze, La la Anthony, Desiigner, Fabolous, A-Trak, Pusha T, and Virgil Abloh were just some the celebrities at the show.
3. Kim Kardashian West arrived fashionably late—read, an hour and 15 minutes—with her sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner. All three wore entirely monochrome, pale beige outfits and sat front row, followed by a crew of cameramen shooting Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
4. Upon entering the park, guests were greeted by a merchandise shop selling Season 4 long sleeve tees in white and neon yellow with show information printed on them. For past seasons, items like this have served as invites given to guests without charge—picking one up this time would set you back $75.
5. West collaborated with Vanessa Beecroft again for the staging this season. A selection of stationary models wearing skin-toned bra tops, leotards, and shorts were arranged in a formation within the center of the park, while others walked around an elevated white triangular runway.
6. Among the street-cast models were Sofia Richie in a bright yellow hoodie, Slick Woods in the show’s camouflage portion, and Alice Metza.
7. Teyana Taylor, one of the only female artists signed to West’s G.O.O.D. Music label—and the star of his “Fade” video—was the second-to-last model out in a black crop top and shorts look.
8. Much of the collection echoed outfits worn by Kim Kardashian West in her daily life, like tight tank dresses, thigh-high boots, and oversize coats.
9. Chanel Iman closed the show in black trackpants and a matching black parka.
10. West ran out to take his bow in an all-black ensemble.
Source : Vogue