NEWS

First Foreign Victims Confirmed In Istanbul Blasts

An Iranian and a Ukrainian have been confirmed as the first foreign victims in the Istanbul airport suicide attack, a Turkish official said Wednesday.

“I confirm one Iranian and one Ukrainian national have been killed in yesterday’s terror attack,” the official told reporters on condition of anonymity.

At least 36 people died in Tuesday night’s triple suicide bombing at Ataturk airport, Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said early Wednesday.
Iran’s Tasnim news agency quoted Deputy Foreign Minister Hassan Qashqavi as saying five Iranian nationals had been injured in addition to the person killed. Iranian Foreign Minister Javed Zarif tweeted on Tuesday night: “Terror rears its ugly head yet again in our friend & neighbor’s airport.

“Extremist violence is a global threat; we must confront it together.” The Ukrainian foreign ministry said a female Ukranian was killed and another national injured.

Credit: Vanguard

About the author

Omojuwa

In the beginning...Let there be Light http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japheth_J._Omojuwa

Leave a Comment