Four worshippers were killed in a suicide bombing at a mosque in northern Cameroon on Monday, a security source said, five days after a similar attack left 13 people dead.
Monday’s attack took place in the village of Nguetchewe in an area regularly targeted by Boko Haram, theAFP reported.
“The toll of this attack is four dead and two injured,” the source, who was at the scene of the attack, toldAFP on condition of anonymity.
On Wednesday last week, suicide bomber killed 13 worshippers and wounded at least one in an attack on a mosque also in northern Cameroon.
Officials said last week’s attack was suspected to have been carried out by terror group, Boko Haram.
Cameroonian troops form part of an 8,700-strong regional force created to battle Boko Haram.
The United States recently disclosed plans to send military supplies and troops to the Central African country to aid the fight.
The suicide bomber, who struck at the mosque, was said to be praying alongside worshippers when he blew himself up, a security source told AFP.
“Twelve worshippers were killed at the scene. Another died of his wounds in the hospital,” the source added.
Leave a Comment