NEWS

Bayero family, Emir Sanusi Settle Out Of Court

In a dramatic turn of events, a Kano Prince, Salim Bayero who dragged the Emir of Kano, Malam Muhammad Sanusi II to court last week over plot by the emir to tamper with the structure of centenary old palace has instructed his Attorney to discontinue with case.
Prince Bayero’s Attorney, Sanusi Umar Sadiq told reporters today that the royal family have resolved to settle out of court.
Sadiq said that already he has filed a withdrawal notice in line with the directive, adding that the matter is slated for hearing Thursday.
“Bayero family have agreed to settle out of court and we have file withdrawal notice before the court.” Bayero’s lawyer Said.
Last week a Kano High Court Friday restrained the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II from either demolition or tempering with any structure in the Kano Emir’s palace pending the hearing of motion on notice.
The Presiding Judge, Justice A.T. Badamasi also restrained the Emir and the Emirate Council from giving quit niotice or evicting any person residing inside palace known as Gidan Rumfa until the determination of the substantive application.
The order restrained ‘the first and Second Dependents/ Respondents from giving quit notice or evicting any person resident in the Emir’s palace by virtue of being or Bayin Sarki pending the determination of the substantive application’’.
Justice Badamasi further directed the parties involved to maintain the status quo pending the determination of the substantive suit.
However, briefing newsmen on the development, Counsel to the plaintiff, Barrister Sanusi Sadiq alleged the emir and the Emirate council were seeking to destroy the grave yard which housed the tomb of 13 former Kano Emirs.
Sadiq said the plan to demolish the structures in the palace was capable of killing the ancient tradition Kano Emirate council was known for.

 

Credit : Vanguard

About the author

Omojuwa

In the beginning...Let there be Light http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japheth_J._Omojuwa

Leave a Comment