The Director in charge of the North-Central zone of the National Emergency Management Agency, Mohammed Abdulsalam, has put the number of deaths in Sunday night’s bomb attacks on Jos at 44.
Mr. Abdulsalam also told journalists via telephone on Monday morning that 48 others were badly injured, and are currently hospitalized in various hospitals in the Plateau state capital.
But the Plateau state government insisted that only 18 people died in the incidents, with 18 others injured.
A statement by the Director of Press and Public Affairs to the Governor, Emmanuel Nanle, quoted the state government as condemning the attack, and calling for calm.
The statement also urged security agents to intensify checks and patrol across the state to avert reoccurrence.
The spokesperson for the Plateau State Command of the police, Abuh Emmanuel, confirmed the explosions Monday, but declined to disclose casualty figure.
Mr. Emmanuel said the data on victims were still being collated, and that no arrest has so far been made.
Read More: premiumtimesng