Stephen Keshi has spoken about the decision of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), to finally dismiss him as coach of the Super Eagles and says it was time for him to move on.
“It is about time for me to move on, my dear. This is not the end of the world for me,” he told Premium Times on Thursday.
Keshi took over the Nigerian national team four years ago and led them to glory in the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa. The Big Boss also took charge of the Eagles at last year’s Confederations Cup and this year’s World Cup in Brazil, where they were eliminated in the second round.
However, the 52-year-old has struggled to produce good results as the African champions began their 2015 AFCON qualifying series, recording just one win – which came on Wednesday against Sudan.
Despite the sack, Keshi and his assistants will be sponsored by the NFF for coaching courses in any country of their choice.