What You Should Know About 2013 JAMB Exams – Muhammed Bello Mohammed @trueNija
What You Should Know About 2013 JAMB Exams - Muhammed Bello Mohammed @trueNija I find it necessary to write about the 2013 UTME (JAMB) exams (e-Testing) which shall happen to be different from the previously known one. In compliance with the directive on all exams bodies to go online by 2015 by the Federal Ministry of Education, JAMB is starting a test run of the e- exams next year. With respect to this, JAMB in 2013 will be done in 3 separate ways which allows candidates to choose from. There is Computer Based Test (CBT), Dual Based Test (DBT) and the known Paper Pencil Test (PPT). I will concentrate on the CBT so let me explain the DBT and PPT a little. The DBT means that a UTME candidate will be assigned a seat and centre with a computer connected online. He or she will read the question online and answer on an answer sheet provided while the PPT is the known one where you will be given question papers and answer sheets. Since the main focus of this write up is to enlighten those writing the 2013 UTME (JAMB) exams especially the CBT, i find it convenient to make it a form of questions and answers for easy understanding.
- 1. What is computer based test (CBT)?
- 2. Why computer based test (CBT)?
- 3. What are the benefits of computer based test (CBT)?
- 4. What is e-UTME?
- 5. What are test centres?
- 6. Where are the test centres located?
- 7. Are these centres well equipped for CBT?
- 8. What does the test centre look like?
- 9. Are the test centres conducive for CBT?
- 10. How many candidates are attached to a computer?
- 11. Are international testing centres available?
- 12. Is the duration of the computer based the same as the paper pencil examination?
- 13. Will all candidates write the examination at the same time?
- 14. Must a candidate schedule an appointment with a test centre to take a computer based test?
- 15. When should a candidate schedule a testing appointment?
- 16. How does a candidate schedule a testing appointment?
- 17. Will the candidate receive an e-mail confirming the testing appointment and should the candidate bring the confirmation printout to the examination centre?
- 18. How do a candidate key in answers on a computer based test?
- 19. Can a candidate review answers or skip questions and answer them later when taking a computer based test?
- 20. How do a candidate know how much time is left?
Powered by Facebook Comments