Everybody has a story to tell. The more you tell one the more you pay attention to your world to tell more. Some are telling their stories and despite telling same the best way they can no one is reading. Together we will change that with Super Blogs. You will become a Super Blogger. If you genuinely take part in this for the next 8 weeks, I will believe a new you will be birth whether or not you win any of the prizes we will be giving along the way.
How to Participate:
1. Pick a category. Politics, Sports, Fashion, Gossip, Cuisine, Health, Fiction …. Just pick an issue you feel comfortable with and write. Do not write more than 600 words (I will read every entry so imagine the work 🙂 )
Make sure your spellings and tenses are in order before sending them along.
2. Send your story to email@example.com. We will stop collecting entries every Friday at 12 midnight GMT every week. The entries that make the cut will be published from Sunday to Wednesday. The entries with the highest number of page views and comments win our weekly prizes. Page views account for 50 percent of the total, twitter votes 20 per cent, while comments account for 30 per cent. It means you need to encourage your friends to read your work. Not all entries will be published. If your entry is not published, it means you need to get better and that should not stop you from competing the following week (remember Abraham Lincoln, Michael Jordan and their earlier failures?)
Whoever wins our prize three times will not be allowed to participate again. When we get sponsors, we will give more prizes.
3. That your story has been published does not guarantee you a prize. It just means you are good enough to start a blog if you have not started. It also allows you the opportunity to pair yourself in a competitive group week in and out.
4. Prizes: Winners in Nigeria will get recharge cards on Sundays. Books and other prizes will be added within the shortest possible time. Winners will also have their blogs (their own website not just the article sent in) publicised by @omojuwa on twitter through out the week. Winners outside Nigeria will have their blogs publicised while I will do a guest post on their blog for the week. You don’t have to have a blog to participate. If you have a blog though, always add your blogsite at the bottom of your article along with your twitter handle. I will show an example after this piece.
5. Other things and questions will arise. Do not worry #SuperBlogs will get better. Who knows, we may have a hangout later in the year (just us Super Bloggers) 🙂
This is not essentially a competition, it is an opportunity to either discover a latent part of you or get better. The prizes are just to make us have fun. Nothing tastes well without fun 🙂
I want everyone to have a voice. All of us deserve to be heard. Write about anything and everything. Tell me about your part of Nigeria. I am desperate to hear you.
Participants must be following @omojuwa on twitter to vote or participate. This will be big. Watch out.
Get started. This week’s #Superblogs have started. It will close midnight (GMT) Friday. Every Friday. Mail your articles and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fiction is allowed. Just be cresative. Whoever sends any piece above 600 words will be automatically disqualified for that week. I am proud of you already because we all can!
Welcome to #Superblogs Super Bloggers
Japheth J Omojuwa
Writes on www.omojuwa.com
@omojuwa on twitter Abuja, Nigeria <<<<< always sign out this way to boost your blog and handle :)