Published:24 Mar, 2012

Nigeria’s richest pastor and self-styled bishop, David Oyedepo, has made a glistening addition to his business empire by floating an airline called Dominion Air.

Oyedepo, who a few years ago ignited debate on flamboyant Christianity by acquiring his fourth private jet, is the owner of Dominion Publishing House, Covenant University and an elite secondary school called Faith Academy.

Listed by Forbes as Nigeria’s wealthiest pastor with a net worth of $150 million, David Oyedepo is a preacher and founder of Living Faith Church Worldwide, more popularly known as Winners’ Chapel. Besides his four private jets, Forbes also mentioned the preacher’s luxury homes in London and the United States.

Sources within the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), the agency charged with business registration in Nigeria, confirmed the registration of Dominion Air with David Oyedepo as its chairman. Another source within a Lagos-based insurance firm known to handle most of Oyedepo’s businesses said the airline project had been in the works for six years and was only made a reality this year.

The broker who balked at putting figures to the number of aircrafts so far purchased authoritatively said none of them is on lease.

If Oyedepo’s entry into the airline business is creating exciting buzz in Nigeria’s stock exchange, the same cannot be said with the Christian community, especially the Pentecostal congregations, where the so-called men of God have been criticised for alienating their poor followers with their flamboyant lifestyle….

via NaijaPals

1. eze4pals says:

It is well IJN. Gospo-biz or Biz-Gospo all join. For d edification of d church n d equipping of d saints.

2. ABB says:

Well, i see nothing wrong about a pastor creating a source of employment for the people especially now that most airlines are going down.

3. gbenga says:

if u think this is a man of GOD then u should get ur head checked

4. gbenga says:

poverty and fear of right from wrong is the route of this grotesque stupidity. oyedepo is a thief. simple

5. ABB says:

What do u expect to hear about a man of God? Good news or bad news. For God sake, u people should learn to appreciate good report and not evil report.

6. vanessa says:

Bishop oyedepo is riding in the waves of glory.connect to it and watch things move in your life

7. John says:

Bishop Oyedepo is a blessing to this generation. An encouragement to everyone trusting God for the best in life. He has been a blessing to many youths and many nations in crisis. The secrets of a man is in his story.

8. bimpe says:

Job was wealthy, abraham was wealthy, David was wealthy, solomon was wealthy ….is it a crime for a pastor to be wealthy?

9. Olumide Babajide says:

To those waging tongues; David Oyedepo is blessed, that’s the simple truth , believe it or not. That he does not make noise about his charity deeds is a mere show of selfless service. This man doles out charity in millions.

10. Micheal says:

There is a sayin dat—only fools criticise the rich!!!
    Anybody who talks abt the wealth of others are poverty minded!!
    This is the only Man in nigeria Running a Multi Billion Dollar institution Dept- Free
    I Believe he is swimming in de waves of Glory!!
    Praise God!!!

11. pastor me says:

@bimpe, jesus was wealthy, apostle paul was wealthy, peter and john were wealthy….infact Jesus owned a fleet of donkeys and a nice house. Jesus preaches financial success all the time…..abi no be so?
    you’re trapped in an illusion **genjutsu**

12. Abiola Lawal says:

May God help us all. May He shine His contenance over us. May His gr8 grace, mercy & blessing be ours. May His divine help & our divine helper/s never elude us in Jesus mighty name. All I know & sure of is dt we should all strive to be successful in our ‘little’ way bcos He has created us & also empowered us all to be more than conqueror and be rich in d way & extent we want cum desire. Instead of criticizing ‘men of God’ lets find a suitable assembly to attend if you do not like what one is doing. God is everywhere, eevnm in our bedroom. Gud 9te & all d best folks

13. beampei says:

I don’t fink d man should be criticized, he hasn’t defrauded anybody, neither has he looted our treasury to do dis. Its d Waves of Glory ooo n we avnt seen anything,I tap annointing abeg.

14. richii says:

Lord ? ????????????? worthy ???? ??????? Praised~U alone raises 1 up ??? puts anoda dwn bcos Promotion doesn’t cm frm d N/S/E/W but frm above!? A ? M ? E ? N ?. !

15. chy says:

God bless bishop. We love you! I pray for the grace that is on you to come me. I tap from heavens flow of resources..Amen!

16. Jerryola says:

Thank God for the life of Bishop David Oyedepo. More of this in Jesus’ name. This is a challenge!I glorify God for his life for people think Pastors are destiny to be wretched

17. okoawo says:

May God be praised, He has done well in the life of His servant. Let criticise shut up. Whatever is the issue is between Oyedepo and his God, not man to judge

18. silo says:

Glory! Glory!! Glory!!! I love this, is a sign that the church of God will take over the affair of this country for good.

19. laolu says:

Oyedepo has his dreams and being a man of God shouldn’t stop him from achieving them. Our God is a wealthy God S???????????? there is nothing wrong with him being wealth. Lets appreciate Good things.

20. @sherizle says:

Hahahaha Nigerians are funny, how many of you are truly righteous apart from being religious? I mean both the muslims and christians alike! You all claim to be at your places of worship every now & then yet you are terrible people at your places of work and in your private lives… Do the right thing and all things right shall be yours. You don’t need a bishop to teach you how to be morally upright at all times. Your country will continue to rot until you change characters!

21. Jado says:

Thank you Lord for this blessing ????? upliftment. Only a Wave can be expressed like dis. I believe its you @ work n I connect to this radiance of your glory with the knowledge that I would be remembered 4 good not too long 4rm nw. N my Advice haters pick up a good profession.

22. femi says:

Bishop Oyedepo launches Dominion Airlines… I knew I… He wan’t collecting all them private jets for nuttin’…

Seriously though, terribly disappointed with his choice of business… As a man of God, he is supposedly called to be of service to the people.. How many orphanages does he run? If he must do business, why not invest in sectors where he can touch lives? Hospitals, housing, roads, electricity generation, refineries…etc

23. Eseosa says:

So because he’s a preacher, one should quake in fear when criticizing him abi. Is he running a church or a business venture? Exactly what is his calling? Let’s remove the blindfold from our eyes and stop bn religious and be christians. How many houses did Jesus own? I attend Winners and I did not sign up to fund his business ambitions. Gosh, I’m really tired of these ‘spiritual leaders’. Taking back my spiritual leadership!

24. Omo Jesu says:

This guy never ceases to amaze me! What would Jesus Christ think of all these? Wealty? You mean using other peoples money and sweat? This is so unfair. Total nonsence.You remember how Jesus went to the temple to drive out all the people trading in the House of God? Hes coming to spiritually whip all these fake pastors using Gods name to enrich themselves. You know, all these have been caused by poverty. Their congregation has been seriously brain washed. You even hear some refering to these pastors as god. Happy to be a Catholic!

25. Ambrose says:

May God be praised, he has done wel in the life of his servant. Bishop David Oyedepo may God bless u

26. Irene says:

Is this not the same pastor that slapped a young girl because she said she was a witch for Christ? O Lord, help us. Those surpporting this act, well whats the difference between what he is doing and what our lawmakers are doing? Lets be objective here. God is patiently watching

27. amanda says:

For all the critics, get a life. Hating a prosperous man will only make u bitter

28. Bb says:

Bishop oyedepo is a blessed man….was is it nt said in d bible dt he dat giveth in d secret share be blessd openly….u dnt have to kno wen oyedepo is giving….was it also said…dt silver nd gold i mine…nd as a god on dis earth..its our right to posses dis attribute…mind u dnt forget wat was said in matthew 5:15-16…remeber cause be anyone dt cause whom God has nt caused…..GLORY…….

29. wendy says:

Glory be to God!for riches are for true children of God.bishop is a true child of God dat is y children of God are taking over.the church is moving one.God bless oyedepo

30. tunde says:

My bible which is my standard tells me in 2 Cor 8:9,”For you know the grace of our lord Jesus Christ,that though he was rich,yet for your sakes He became poor,that you through His poverty might become rich. If you think God is only intrested in helping only the poor,you better think again. A man of God is only a man with the backing of The God of man, every product is created by purpose and for a purpose,the original purpose for creating man is to have Dominion Gen 1 :26-28. Man will remain man and God will always remain God, there’s no need for all the fuss. But is a pity that in a nation like Nigeria,our orientatios hv been tampered with and our mentality is always the case of somebody “chopping” OUR MONEY. Please this has †• End, it is logical,if a man decides †• Render or provide services for people he is bound †• Make money because money is a reward for every service you render. How you then emmerse great wealth is subject †• Time Consistency,Patience and Discipline. Qualities most of us don’t have including myself. First step †• Wealth, do not critize wealthy people,no critics hv made more money than their victims. God in his own word said,”I will bless whomever I choose †• Bless”. If you complain about a man of God floating an airline, take time †• Think and ask yourself this simply questions, can I make the sacrifice he made from the beginning, am I a good Leader, am I accountable and am I the kind of servant that will explore my talent/potentials/ideas, all these towards God’s Kingdom here on earth?if your answer is YES. Then in year 2020 we might just be talking about but if not Hold you peace. Have a fulfilled week.

31. wendy says:

Shame to u devil!the church of jesus is taking over the economy,changing life,creating job opportunity,for the gentiles,critic wil come to the brightness of our life.prophesy is fulfilled.

32. tunde says:

Infact I am waiting for the church †• Start looking at areas of Real Estate and Agriculture. Let there be housing for all and food for all, with competition in the market price of goods and services will drop. Remember the bible said, That they that know their God will be strong and will do exploit” Dan 11:32.

33. Nneka says:

Papa ur really a blessing 2 us, 4 all those criticizers, u own ur mouth nd can say wat u wish 2 say, but remember d power of life and death lies in d tongue. Bless u sir, GLORY

34. Pope says:

My bishop,u r an evidence of d greatness of God.i connect 2 it dat my gr8tnes will b evidence soon.

35. Akindele says:

36. stanley says:

please i will like to know if there is a vacancy in your establishment….thank you very much sir….

37. olayinka says:

God bless my bishop more and more, for those that are bitter abt bishop’s blessing may you receive grace to know the truth, how I wish you people know me when I join the church new, I was nothing at all, but with the teaching and prophetic blessing from my PAPA couple with the grace to follow every biblical instructions, I tell you if you know me 2 yrs back and see me now you will either question my wealth or criticize me too,but I tell there is nothing connected to our wealth in this church but just trading on biblical steps that leads to success

38. jadesola says:

How can you be outside the fence and see what goes on inside? Oyedepo gives scholarship in million and he also encourage in congregation to do the same. It is those who are doomed to fail that criticize success.

39. kaykayreal says:

its is sad that we have been soo battered that we dont even know what is good anymore…
    Praise God one of the carpenters sent to contend with the horns caging destinies is here
    Here is a man who has practically taken up the Responsibility of a failing government and some people are saying because he is pastor and what not!
    why not criticize him for having the largest library in west Africa, for providing employment for all the staff of the three universities he is building in Nigeria, for all the thousands scholarships, for all the … cant continue counting…
    We pray for God to send people to save us, what do we even expect those people to do when they come? be fools and hand out cash to the helpless, be soo sober nobody will be able to say anything bad about him? even Jesus had His share of criticism.

40. kaykayreal says:

I’m loving this man

41. yetunde says:

Its only those who lack real knowledge that will criticize a man who is obviously immensely blessed by God. He paid his due and he’s reaping the rewards why all the hate? Most critiques surely lack understanding, God must be “VERY WICKED” for Him to continue to prosper a man that is defrauding people in His name. Please take time to think properly before making comments. Kenneth copeland is also a pastor and he has given out over four aircrafts. If xtians are not running businesses then who should?

42. marcoma says:

God, please you said it in your word that everything belongs to you, I beg you God, let that anointing that is upon Papa Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo come rest upon my husband, myself and my kids in Jesus name. Amen.

43. oyedotun ibukun says:

DO u guys think my bishop actually used church money? what proof do you have. this man is blessed beyond all you imagination.
    seat there and be crying,dont work your life out.

44. Sola says:

God of Oyedepo, do not forget me o. For those who are in doubt I am bold to inform U that d electric transformer serving my home and d Central mosque at Onipanu Ota.
    Ogun State was donated by Bishop Oyedepo. Higher heights in Jesus name, Bishop

45. hope says:

this is indeed our year of waves of glory. if you are winner u will know what i mean. thank God for this great news.

46. truly its our season of waves of glory.we are partaking too in jesus name.

47. Abbey says:

48. Mponda says:

God is in the house oooh. Thats my dad and am proud to be under his leadership. I pray for him everyday, I am partaking. What would God do if a thousand people, happy and satisfied with u pray for u daily? Where’s the faith of the critics? Is it God or devil who exults?

49. Frank Warren says:

It is not yet over guys, we are still expanding, mounting higher and higher on wings as eagles. Keep flying higher Bishop, fly higher Winners’ Chapel.

Whereas the world is being pulled down by the so-called recession, those that know their God will keep moving higher. The recession will work in OUR favor.

50. Given says:

Short of words…….

51. Franklyn OKUKPONOR says:

Of what use are these destructive criticisms? Bishop Oyedepo is on the waves of God’s glory. You can tell little or nothing about this if you’re not keyed into it… He cannot be poor. It is his heritage in Christ… If you don’t admire it then try and ignore it because he has chosen to affect his world. But if you can’t live with this reality then go and hug transformer. But be reminded that the CHURCH is taking over the affairs of MEN.

52. pst s o says:

ignorant wil kill many people in dis life what u dnt knw dnt say it. just knw d truth and u wil be free f in my father d bishop own d airline is bos our father in heaven owned d entire world .ps 24:1, 82:1-6

53. Grace Kariuki says:

Didn’t you know what God says, that if we live for him we shall be payed 100% here on earth and life in eternity, so don’t worry so much its the word of God coming to fulfillment. And for those of us who are not there yet we are going there. Actually am very happy for him blessed be the name of God who has given him dominion over everything that he has.

54. Eze says:

1.The blessings of God maketh rich and addeth no sorrow. Pro 10:22.

2.Psalm 35:27 Let them shout for joy and be glad that favor my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually,Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

3.Deuteronomy 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant1285 which he swore unto thy fathers,1 as it is this day.

The above scriptures are proofs that God is no respecter of persons. CHRISTIANITY IS A LIFESTYLE AND NOT A RELIGION. God is in the business of making MEN.HE IS RESTORING THE BEAUTY OF THE CHURCH.

55. lapage says:

For me he has done well for him self. It is the same God I pray dat one day it will be my turn. The church is taking over the economy of Africa. It is a proof dat it is working. Glory

56. Christy says:

Let us becarefull of wht we say about men of God.we will be judge by our word also,i only hv this to say,i connect my life to ur daddy david.remain blessed.

57. blessing says:

Glory to glory, sir this is Gods doing and it is marvelous in our sight. Indeed sir, may ur ministry continue to flourish and flourish in Jesus Name Amen. Haters pray for forgiveness so God wil open ways for u pipo. Becos my papa is reapin wht he sow

58. adedayo says:

I will forever be greatful to God for divinely arrange me under Bishop Oyedepo ministry. These kind of progressive manifestation of the Spirit of God will be celebrated in my life very soon. Ride on Bishop

59. JoshuaJ says:

Wel, all u guys beefin my bishop, u havent seen anytin yet. Dis is just a tip of d iceberg. U all hav poverty mentality dats y u all r talkin dis way
    He’s ridin in d Waves of Glory and getin Double Portion of blessings so u beefas cursed be u all 4 talkin ill of my Bishop and walk dwn d road and go hug a transformer

60. JoshuaJ says:

B4 i 4get try and submit ur CV u might jst get employd hahaha

61. Glory be to God. The Church of God is taking over the economy. What d children of darkness will continue to fail to do, the children of light will achieve, one by one with ease, God on their sides taking all d glory. The whole world are yet to see anything. For what eyes have not seen, neither ears heard, neither has entered into d mind of any, whay God has in mind for those who love Him. I Corinthians 2:9. God bless my Papa Oyedepo. God is truly d rewarder of those who diligently seek him. May more true children of God who will invest in Nigeria also take over the oil, telecoms, ports, railways, roads project, power, education, health and every other sector of d economy where d government has failed and continued to impoverish ds nation in Jesus’ name. Papa, I’m joining u at d top. Giving is also transforming my life. – for those who sow sparingly shall receive sparingly- 2Cor.9 v 6-12.

62. people like gbenga need go do madness test. If he know the meaning of gbenga he no go jettison boundaries or noting limitations before talking like an aro. Anyway i bet you the man of god go soon employ you and you go know christ. If you join gbenga, shar says:

why people like gbenga no go aro for kolo test or waka enter any living church and give your life to christ. Gbenga i pity you. Note say aro for abeokuta never full. The last bed they wait for you there